Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thursday, 23 February 2006 - Learning new tricks

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the ability to learn new tricks.

I have much to learn this week - the critical how to's of the Toyota Camry (like how to turn on the heater and fill the gas tank) and how to use my new Sony-Ericsson Z520a cell phone.

Learning about the car is easy since it's similar to other cars I've driven. Learning how to use the new cell phone with it's myriad capabilities, settings, customizations and "cool" features is an Olympic-sized challenge.

My husband, eager to master his new "toy," has already spent many hours learning about his complex pocket PC-phone device. In sharp contrast, I am content just knowing how to answer the phone while wearing a Bluetooth ear piece. We both love technology but I dread becoming a slave to its possibilities.

(Ask me a month from now about how I'm doing with my cell phone. By then I should have learned at least five new tricks!)

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: