Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sunday, 12 February 2006 - Clean mountain air

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a deep breath of clean mountain air.

I admit that I take the mountain air for granted. But I shouldn't. I spent nearly 30 years of my life in Los Angeles where I breathed my share of car exhaust and smoggy, lung-irritating air.

So, this morning, as T and I walk to the park, I consider the quality of our lives in Colorado. My assessment immediately focuses on the air we breathe. Yes, in winter, the air is often very cold. But it's also very clean.

My husband and I are considering moving to a larger city in another state (we miss the diversity and energy of urban life). He's worried, however, about the higher housing prices while I'm concerned about clean air. So, after discussing the pros and cons, we usually end up tabling the matter.

We are willing to live in a smaller house. But, compromise on clean air? I'm not sure I'm ready to go that far.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: