Friday, February 10, 2006

Friday, 10 February 2006 - A good night's sleep

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a good night's sleep.

It's winter, and I am getting older! Why else would I be sleeping 9-10 hours each night, regardless of my bedtime? Many mornings, even T rises before me, and he's a champion canine sleeper! I must really need the rest.

I'm lucky to be able to sleep in (working from home affords me this small luxury). I regret, however, that for the first time in decades, I consistently miss sunrise - one of my favorite times of the day.

If I'm ever offered a full-time job outside the home, I will have to negotiate a late starting time. I don't think I could keep my former insane schedule of up at 5 AM, in the office by 7 AM and home by 8 PM.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: