Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tuesday, 15 January 2008 - Bold participation

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for bold participation.

Empower me

to be a bold participant,

rather than a timid saint in waiting,

in the difficult ordinariness of now ...

~Ted Loder


I know. I have stood on the sidelines too long during the current Presidential primary season. Not because of indecision about a candidate either. My inaction comes from lingering burnout from volunteering during the 2004 election and my intense guilt about volunteering when I should be doing paid work.

Yet, if I don't do anything to effect the change I want to see, then I have no right to complain about my party's eventual candidate. So, I am jumping into the fray with a new sense of urgency and purpose. Senator Obama needs my help. And, the February 5 Colorado primary is just around the corner.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: