Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday, 27 January 2008 - A bouldering crash pad

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a bouldering crash pad.

S and I are thrilled with the professional grade bouldering crash pad that we bought from friends who own the climbing gym. We picked it up on Friday and used it for the first time this afternoon. Although we're always careful when we fall or jump off the rocks, the crash pad greatly reduces our chances of injury.

We had an excellent bouldering session - nearly two strenuous hours on the rocks in Ute Valley Park. Not bad for a late January workout. I happily worked on several challenging problems - ones I've avoided in the past. I attempted difficult moves repeatedly and, when I missed, fell and landed safely.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: