Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday, 10 January 2008 - Gardening dreams

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for gardening dreams.

From December to March,
there are for many of us three gardens -
the garden outdoors,
the garden of pots and bowls in the house,
and the garden of the mind's eye.
~Katherine S. White

I almost laugh out loud when the January gardening newsletter urges me to get a head start on this year's garden by buying seeds this month and starting seedlings indoors. I look outside and note that my gardens lie under a heavy blanket of ice and snow. The daytime high temperature rarely rises above freezing. The nights are bitterly cold. I dread my walks with T when the North wind visits.

Actually, I have five months to go before the gardening season officially begins in Colorado. I have plenty of time to plan this year's garden, buy seeds and start seedlings indoors.

A lot can happen in five months. Since S has expanded his job search to other states, I can't predict what opportunities and decisions lie ahead of us.

I do know this, however. No matter where we live, I will have a garden.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: