Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday, 13 January 2008 - An untimely end to my NFL season

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for an untimely end to my NFL season.

Although the Super Bowl is a few weeks away, I'm officially ending my NFL season today. Why? Because the Indianapolis Colts lead by Peyton Manning lost this afternoon to the San Diego Chargers. Since the Oakland Raiders had another dismal season, I adopted the Colts as my "other" team. Now, no team in the final four warrants my attention.

I'll let S and T watch the remaining games. They're guys and football is their thing. I already spend too many hours in front of the TV as it is. My saving grace is that I knit, read magazines or do Sudoku puzzles while watching football games. The best thing about this season? Watching Bob Sanders, the Colt's defensive superstar, on HDTV.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: