Thursday, January 03, 2008

Thursday, 03 January 2007 - One fresh pineapple

*** Sorry for the late posting ... I'm having computer challenges.***

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for one fresh pineapple.

I rarely break my own rules when it comes to the food I buy. So, I must confess my latest trespass.

I am shopping in the produce section of a local grocery store. I am so weary of the cold weather and yearn for a bit of summer in my diet. I am tired of eating apples and the ripe, whole pineapple smells heavenly. I know that the pineapple is not locally or organically-grown or even in season in the United States. Consequently, the cost of getting it to the local Colorado market was probably exorbitant. After a few minutes of deliberation, I select a ripe one and buy it.

Yes, I am guilty as charged given my pledge to buy locally-grown organic produce. I promise not to succumb to temptation next time.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: