Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wednesday, 17 May 2006 - New roots

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for new roots.

How hard it is to escape from places. However carefully one goes they hold you - you leave little bits of yourself fluttering on the fences - like rags and shreds of your very life. ~Katherine Mansfield

I've resisted putting down new roots in Colorado, thinking that we would soon move to another state or country. Yet, here I am, attending a church I like, joining a horticultural art club and looking for a volunteer opportunity that will sustain me for the next few months.

Still, the roots are young and fragile - not yet established. If they survive the hot, dry summers and the coldest winters of my life, perhaps we'll remain in this house, in this city for a few more years.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: