Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tuesday, 16 May 2006 - A change in weather

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a change in weather.

This month, we suddenly leapt from winter to summer (it snowed last week yet today the temperature will near 80 degrees Fahrenheit). In the process, we missed the wet and slushy spring storms that water our gardens and reduce the chance of forest fires. Although I welcome the summer-like weather (cool mornings, hot and dry afternoons, cool evenings), I bemoan the lack of rain.

With the threat of another hard frost statistically behind us, I am ready to begin landscaping the back yard with various shrubs and groundcovers. I ordered several plants from High Country Gardens. The shrubs should arrive Thursday while the xeric perennials are due after Memorial Day. I've already ordered bulbs for fall planting - lots of deer-resistant allium and daffodils for the front yard.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: