Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sunday, 21 May 2006 - Another load of plants

Dear God

Today, I am thankful for another load of plants.

Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity. ~Lindley Karstens, noproblemgarden.com

I went overboard at the Horticultural Art Society's member's only plant sale. One of the expert gardeners helped me select dozens of shrubs, perennials and ground covers. So much for my short list. My botanic treasures now sit near the potting table, carefully watered and patiently awaiting my decision on their locations in my gardens.

After I receive the final two shipments from High Country Gardens, I will have enough plants to fill the bare spots in the front yard and begin landscaping the back. No impulse buys at the local garden shops this year.

Tonight, I'm praying for cool mornings and evenings and a strong back so I can finish the work before summer officially begins.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: