Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tuesday, 31 January 2006 - A photo worth 1,000 words

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a photo worth a thousand words.

There's a first time for everything. So, below is the first photo to appear on this blog.

It's Christmas Day 2005. My husband, S, our chocolate Lab, T, and I are taking a long hike in the Colorado mountains.

For me, the photo evokes memories of the day, reminding me of the beautiful weather and the adventures and misadventures we shared hiking along the trail.

One photo.
One moment of my life captured by the camera.
Where am I? What am I doing? Why am I doing it? Who is with me?
1,000 words of memories and feelings that will spark countless "do you remember when" conversations.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.


T takes his mom for a hike in the Colorado mountains on Christmas Day 2005.
His dad, S, took this picture. Note that T proudly wears his "yellow kerchief" -
the canine version of the Tour de France's coveted maillot jaune.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: