Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tuesday, 24 January 2006 - Silk ribbons

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a bagful of hand-dyed silk ribbons - 100 pieces, each 7 mm wide and 18-20 inches long.

A friend who knows how much I like handmade art materials gave these to me. Of course, I glady accepted the gift. I'm thinking about tying the ribbons together and knitting a piece of wearable art, a small pillow cover or a wall hanging (not sure what that would look like).

I'm in no rush to start. I've learned that each of my projects has a life and timeline of its own. So, I need to be patient and let my subconscious begin the creative process. The recipe is familiar: a heavy dose of imagination, inspiration and possibility mixed with a bit of magic.

(Note: Sometimes, a deadline as in "my sister's birthday is next week" or "Mother's Day was last week" plays a factor. For most occasions or events, I am punctual if not early. My artwork, however, is often tardy. I'm glad that my family and friends understand.)

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: