Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thursday, 19 January 2006 - Four things

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for ...

1. School pics from my niece, R, and nephew, B, that arrived in the mail today from California. They're always my favorite gifts since I rarely see them in person. They're growing up too quickly! R is a high school junior and B just turned 12.

2. Snow. We haven't had much snow since T's birthday on 12.18, so today's northerly storm brought relief from the dryness. By mid-afternoon, my gardens rested quietly under a very thick blanket of heavy powder - a good thing since I didn't water the plants and trees while I was sick.

3. A morning walk around the park with T - my first in over a week (how time drags when you're sick with the flu). I would have enjoyed the outing more if it hadn't been so cold. I skipped the afternoon walk after S agreed to take T to the park in the middle of the blizzard. I watched them from my studio window. S turned and waved as he and T passed by along the eastern border.

4. Today's reader. When I began writing this blog, I imagined lots of interesting people reading my musings every day. In my dreams! Reality being what it is, I am now happy if only one person (other than me) reads this entry. So, whoever you are, wherever you are, thank you for stopping by. You matter greatly to me. Every writer, after all, needs an editor (hopefully honest and encouraging) and an audience (hopefully loyal and adoring).

For these blessings, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: