Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wednesday, 18 January 2006 - My good health

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for my good health.

I write this entry after suffering from the flu for the past week. Apparently, I caught a nasty, persistent bug somewhere in Las Vegas. To be honest, I have not been this sick in nearly two decades.

My miserable symptoms: high fever, no energy to take T for his walks (my husband, S, was my substitute), sleeping for 15-20 hours each day, no appetite (I lost those 3-5 vanity pounds quickly), terrible headache, can't read or write or do my puzzles because my eyes hurt, can't watch TV for more than an hour or two - you get the idea.

This morning, I awoke with a clear head, energy and an appetite. Miracle of miracles. Wonders of wonders. Being well and healthy never felt better - I swear it!

For this wondrous blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: