Monday, January 23, 2006

Monday, 23 January 2006 - Will power

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a little will power.

I need to fast Ebay, yarn, handbags, jeans and shoes so I'm stepping out on faith for will power. I'm also praying for busy days working on marketing projects or writing my book so I don't have time to shop online.

Last time I fasted Ebay, handbags, jeans and shoes, I did all right. But, fasting yarn requires a higher level of commitment. I just can't resist buying another beautifully crafted fiber creation in a stunning colorway from one of my favorite artists. The hook that gets me everytime: the yarn is always one-of-a-kind. As you know, I have an eclectic stash already - skeins of truly gorgeous yarn that I could never, ever replace. And, like a true collector, I can't see where adding one more ball of yarn to my stash will hurt anyone or anything.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: