Saturday, January 21, 2006

Saturday, 21 January 2006 - Antidote for a sad mood

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for an antidote for a sad mood.

Today has been a sad news day. The lost northern bottle-nosed whale that became stranded in the River Thames in London died. Rescuers found the bodies of two missing West Virginia coal miners. We still don't know Jill Carroll's fate.

In sports, UCLA, my alma mater, lost its basketball game. And, the whole state of Colorado (minus a few sane people like S and me) is going ga-ga beserk over the Denver Broncos and tomorrow's AFL championship game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I really need to hear or read something funny. My husband, S, who is a wit of wits, is jokeless today so I check my email for a funny post from my older sister, G, who lives in the UK. Nothing. I peruse the comics in the local paper for something to tickle my funny bone. Nothing. Even T, the king of canine comedians, is out of sorts and keeping a low profile.

Well, I guess I'll turn to the things that always makes me feel better - chocolate, puzzles and knitting. I'll eat a bowl of chocolate pudding, do my Sudoku and crossword puzzles and knit for a few hours.

There, now. The endorphins are kicking in. I feel better already.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: