Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday, 27 January 2006 - Choices

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for choices.

Sometimes, I think that my days would be easier if I didn't think so deeply and simply followed the crowd down the one-way street. But, I know that I was destined to stand apart from the crowd and follow my heart, i.e., not do what's convenient or popular or easier or cheaper.

Many of my choices have sent me down a difficult path, not the comfortable garden variety I once envisioned. Although I've struggled, I have also reaped the benefits of personal victory after surmounting great obstacles. I suppose, that's the way it's suppose to be. Challenges lead me to obstacles that attract interesting people who help create unusual events and rare opportunities for me, the ones that most people will never have.

It's not about luck. It's about breaking new ground, knowing that I have options and believing that I will make a bigger difference with my life if I choose this way over that one.

A journey of faith along the road less traveled, the unmarked trail, the undefined path.
The way of dreamers, poets, philosophers, artists and musicians.
My path, my destiny, my fate.

Warning: If you're lost and in a hurry, don't follow me because I don't know any shortcuts. I always take the long way around.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: