Sunday, February 27, 2005

Sunday, 27 February 2005 - A mid-day nap

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a mid-day nap.

I am trying to go to bed by midnight so I can rise with the sun and take T for longer walks. However, the moment I decide to call it quits for the night, my current knitting project begs me to knit just one more row. The one row grows to ten or twenty so I don't get to bed until after 1 AM. Most days, I do just fine on five or six hours' sleep. Today, is an exception.

Around mid-afternoon, I nod off while trying to solve the New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle. I fall into a deep, dreamless sleep. An hour or so later, I awake with a start. T is nudging me with his cold, wet nose. It's time for his afternoon walk.

I arise, feeling quite alert and energized. I am now ready for the rest of the day's activities: take T for a walk, finish the crossword puzzle, watch the Academy Awards ceremony, and knit for hours.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: