Friday, February 11, 2005

Friday, 11 February 2005 - The truth about good writing

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for Little Women, the book that taught me the truth about good writing.

As a young writer, I had a wild imagination and wrote about a world that lay far beyond my limited life experience. Then, around age 9, I read Little Women. When Professor Bauer urged Jo to write about only the things she had truly felt in her heart, I knew he was also speaking to me.

Now, as an older and more seasoned writer, I comment on my half-century of living on planet Earth through poems, essays and this grateful journal. I've cultivated a rich and creative inner life and don't mind sharing the fruits of my existence with my audience.

A few years ago, I received the following prophesy:
Not only in the writing of books, my daughter, the Lord says I am going to cause you to be an open book before my people ...
With each word I write, I am joyously stepping into my destiny.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: