Monday, February 14, 2005

Monday, 14 February 2005 - My mission statement

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for my mission statement.

When I turned 50, I realized that the old rules that molded me for a half century no longer applied to my new pursuit of creative and enlightening adventures. So, I decided to write a mission statement for my life.

Mission statements abound in the corporate world. During my career, I've helped many executives and managers craft such statements for their respective companies and departments. I understand their importance in achieving harmony and profitability in the workplace.

I decided that my mission statement would be my code of conduct, a list of simple rules by which I would live. Now, when I make decisions, I check my "choice" against the rules to see if they jive. If not, I know that I need to reconsider my proposed actions.

Welcome to Me, Inc.

At Me, Inc., my mission is:
To live with integrity, humility, joy and courage.
To express myself creatively and passionately.
To give generously of my talents, time, energy and wealth.
To lead by example.
To serve God in all things I do.


For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: