Monday, February 07, 2005

Monday, 7 February 2005 - A peaceful morning

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a peaceful morning.

I pull the curtains aside and peer out of my studio's window to study the landscape. I see the culvert and city park that lie behind the house, the trail that T and I regularly hike, the houses in the upper neighborhood, and the foothills that form the Front Range.

Observations: A fresh layer of white snow covering asphalt, cement, dirt and grass - no discrimination here. Evergreen trees flocked in their winter best - more heavily on the south-facing side. Deciduous trees with bare branches encased in ice. Shades of gray reminiscent of Ansel Adams' winter portraits of Yosemite. A shroud of fog embracing all. Except for short walks with T, a very good day to work indoors.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: