Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Tuesday, 03 June 2008 - One journey's end

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for one journey's end, another journey's beginning.

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning ... We mean to hold our own.
~Sir Winston Churchill, November 10, 1942

Tonight, one journey ends - that of securing Senator Barack Obama's nomination as the Democratic Party Presidential candidate.

And, a new journey begins, that of electing Senator Obama to the Presidency of the United States.

Despite the excruciatingly long primary season and way too many Hillary headaches, I am still fired up and ready to go. Yes we can!
This party - the party of Jefferson and Jackson; of Roosevelt and Kennedy -- has always made the biggest difference in the lives of the American people when we led, not by polls, but by principle; not by calculation, but by conviction; when we summoned the entire nation to a common purpose -- a higher purpose. And I run for the Presidency of the United States of America because that's the party America needs us to be right now.

... That's why I'm asking you to stand with me, that's why I'm asking you to caucus for me, that's why I am asking you to stop settling for what the cynics say we have to accept. In this election -- in this moment -- let us reach for what we know is possible.


~Senator Barack Obama, November 2007
For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: