Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday, 19 June 2008 - More rain, no hail



Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for more rain, no hail.

The rain startles me. I notice the sudden darkness, a warning of sorts. But, thunder and lightening usually herald late afternoon/early evening storms.

Not today. I cringe as I hear loud, violent plops and splats. Enormous drops of water hit the roof, the earth, the patio and every single plant in my garden.

I'm lucky, this time. No hail although "slush balls" fall for a few minutes. I cover the tomatoes, eggplants and peppers with large plastic pots, just in case.

Everything is soaking wet.

_______________________

Just before 10 PM, a second storm hits. Lightening, rolling thunder, pelting rain. Again, no hail, but the mere threat of hard ice balls of any size hitting my garden and shredding my plants unnerves me.

At least I can skip this week's watering.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: As the first storm ends, clouds amass south of the neighborhood.

No comments: