Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wednesday, 29 August 2007 - Places to go, people to see

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for places to go, people to see.

Most days I prefer my schedule's open-ended nature - something I rarely enjoyed during my corporate America years. At a moment's notice, S, T and I can decide to go climbing or bouldering. Drop everything, load the gear and go. We'll work on our projects tonight.

But, sometimes, aside from taking T on his daily walks, I like having places to go, people to see. Fortunately, I don't have far to go to keep in touch with the world.

A haircut appointment opens the door to travel on the city's east side including stops at the natural pet supply store, main library, quilting shop and natural meat market. Dropping off a donation at the charity shop located south of downtown means stops at the upscale fabric boutique, Hobby Lobby, a favorite nursery and the well-stocked herb shop. Our weekly trip to visit Tom in Denver includes window shopping at Park Meadows or a stroll around Cherry Creek.

Just enough external business to keep in touch, to remind me that my life's boundaries extend beyond our neighborhood.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: