Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thursday, 09 August 2007 - An unexpected compliment

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for an unexpected compliment.

We pray for the power to be gentle;
the strength to be forgiving;

the patience to be understanding;

and the endurance to accept the consequences

of holding to what we believe to be right.

~Adapted prayer from Week of Prayer for World Peace, 1978

A former colleague from a now-defunct biotechnology startup company sent me this prayer. He hoped it would help me survive my current challenges. He also stated that I should do well with the fourth request, remembering the long, hard battles we fought together.

A meaningful prayer. An unexpected compliment.

Just the boost I need today and will need for many tomorrows

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: