Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tuesday, 14 August 2007 - Jeans that fit perfectly, perfect red shoes.

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for jeans that fit perfectly and perfect red shoes.

Souls wouldn't wear suits and ties, they'd wear blue jeans and sit cross-legged with a glass of red wine. ~Carrie Latet

My wardrobe needs two things: jeans that fit perfectly and perfect red shoes.

About the jeans. My closet already contains an assortment. Banana Republic. Gap. J Crew. Most with bootcut legs. Nearly all with lycra for stretch and comfort. A few pairs of dressier trousers. All blue. And, sadly, all too big for my rock climbing-honed figure. So, I'm hunting for jeans that fit perfectly. Wish me luck. For many women, finding jeans that fit is a pipe dream. (sigh) I might end up sewing my own.

About the red shoes. I've been looking for a pair for at least a year. I don't know the exact style but I'm positive that I will recognize the perfect pair when I see it. I want the shoes because I'm thinking about Paris and France. You know the saying: Happiness is walking in Paris wearing very special shoes.

My very special shoes will be red ones. Simply and elegantly styled. Probably with a low or kitten heel. Comfortable for walking. Definitely Italian made.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: