Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tuesday, 28 August 2007 - Seam ripper

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for my seam ripper.

With 40+ years of sewing experience on my resume, I should know better than to sew one more seam just before midnight - when I'm tired - especially when it's a critical one as in neckline. But, I do it anyway.

As one might expect, I make a stupid mistake - miscalculating the length of ribbing needed to finish the neckline. Not a fatal mistake but a goof that will be time consuming to fix. The adage, "measure twice, cut once" comes to mind.

Nearly an hour later, I finally finish ripping out the offending seam and top-stitching - would have taken longer if I hadn't used my trusty seam ripper.

I'm very annoyed with my novice-level error. Enough is enough.

I gather the garment parts, fold them neatly and set the bundle out of sight. I don't want to look at this project for a few days.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: