Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday, 12 August 2007 - An hour of solitude

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for an hour of solitude to end a busy day.

Language ... has created the word "loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone. ~Paul Johannes Tillich, The Eternal Now

We returned from Denver about an hour ago. We had an excellent but emotionally exhausting visit with Tom at Craig Hospital. S and T just left the house for a late evening walk. I stayed home, claiming fatigue.

Maybe a walk would have been good for me.

Oh well. I'll exercise later.

Right now, however, I need to recharge my batteries in my usual way - in solitude.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I so very much enjoy your gentle, sweet spirit that comes through in your writings. It brings an element of peace to my day. Thank you for your persistence in sharing! Also, as a neuro ICU nurse I track Tom's progress with interest - he's fortunate to have friends like you.