Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Wednesday, 08 August 2007 - A poetry kind of day

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a poetry kind of day.

I've written some poetry I don't understand myself.

~Carl Sandburg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Initiative.
Sacrifice.
A do-whatever-it-takes attitude.
"Too much passion,"
a manager once scolded.
I wonder if our customers
thought the same of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awaken to a breezy morning.
Clear skies grace the heavens.
Dry, northerly winds comb the garden.
Flowers dance, performing airy swirls and twirls.
Birds perform their arias from shady perches.
The temperature rises quickly.

Finally.
After five stormy days,
Summer is ready to resume its visit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stay awhile,"
I urge the hummingbird
As she darts around the garden,
Blossom to blossom,
Seeking nectar.
"Not today," she replies
In a faint but harried voice.

The rapid beating of wings,
A moment's pause in mid-air,
And she's gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Orange sungold cherry tomatoes - our current favorite variety

No comments: