Thursday, June 21, 2007

Wednesday, 21 June 2007 - Three things

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for three things.

T.
We're celebrating the tenth anniversary of T's adoption. For a decade, he has filled our lives to overflowing with unconditional canine love and affection - no matter what.

Fresh rhubarb.
Friends gave me a generous helping of fresh rhubarb straight from their garden. During the cool morning hours, I make a delicious cobbler-type dessert with an exceptionally yummy cookie-like crust (oatmeal, chopped walnuts, dark brown sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon). The spicy-sweet aroma fills the house before drifting into the backyard. I savor the scent as I water the tomatoes.

Tom.
Sadly, I must report that Tom remains in a coma. The nurse is now encouraging visits from family and close friends, hoping that our presence and voices will rouse him. We see him around noon. I feel upbeat and chatter away about the latest cycling news and current heat wave. He looks really good - the cuts, scrapes and road rash are healing nicely. We meet one of his doctors, thanking him for taking great care of our dear friend. I must be patient - Tom's brain will heal on its own terms and schedule.

For these blessings, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: