Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday, 11 June 2007 - A lifestyle that suits me

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a lifestyle that suits me.

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~Elwyn Brooks White

Semi-retirement suits me just fine. Sadly, I shall miss all of this when I return to the "real" world and secure a "real" job:

- Taking T for his morning walk at no specific time - just whenever I get up.
- Enjoying a leisurely rock climbing adventure on a weekday; deciding to go climbing at a moment's notice (today, we had Red Rock Canyon all to ourselves for several hours)
- Taking a mid-afternoon nap
- Watching "As Time Goes By" at 1:30 PM
- Eating meals whenever I'm hungry; skipping them if I'm not
- Running errands on Fridays
- Choosing which writing project deserves my attention based on my mood, inspiration and self-imposed deadlines
- Volunteering for community/political projects for which I have real passion
- Working in the garden - an hour here, a few minutes there depending on what I feel needs to be done right now

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: