Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wednesday, 20 June 2007 - Ordinary day

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for an ordinary day.

Life goes on
Around me
Through me

From me

Under me

By me

Within me

Over me
With me
Without me
Because of me
In spite of me.


Here's today's most interesting news:

Our friend, Tom, continues his slow recovery from his head injury, progressing in baby steps. I eagerly await his brother's phone call, announcing that Tom's awake. S bets that the first thing he'll ask is "How's my bike?" (Answer: The bike is fine and in good hands. It only sustained a broken spoke. Rob fixed it).

A Finch family finally took up residence in the wreath on our front door. Mother Finch has already laid eggs - she sits contentedly for hours on her well-built nest. We get to watch the proceedings through the front door peephole. S posted a sign so we don't use the front door: Bird. Not Larry.

My gardens flourish despite the hot, dry weather. This growing season, I have yet to deep water the front yard garden - may need to do so during the current heat wave. On a sadder note, I mourn the loss of the lovely lupines - killed by armies of horrid aphids.

T continues to shed his thick winter coat. If I collected the soft, taupe-hued fur and spun it into yarn, I'm sure I'd have enough to knit several scarves, even a sweater. Not a good idea, however. No human wants to smell like a Labrador retriever (especially a damp one).

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: