Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday, 10 June 2007 - An exceptional gardening day

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for an exceptional gardening day.

Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity.
~Lindley Karstens

Yippee! My backyard garden grew by over two dozen plants this afternoon. The new "family" members:

6 - pink pussy toes
3 - sulfur flower
2 - glaucium acutidentatum (my, such a long name for such a small rock garden plant)
6 - potentilla cinquefoil
2 - alpine aster
2 - gazania
1 - Kentucky peppermint
1 - grapefruit peppermint
1 - silver brocade sage
2 - scarlet globemallow
2 - Veronica speedwell

All in all, a very good day. I am tired, dirty and elated.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Dianthus - first bloom of the season

No comments: