Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wednesday, 16 May 2007 - Stamina

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for stamina.

The local horticultural society is setting up its annual plant sale in downtown Colorado Springs. For the second year in a row, I volunteered to unload and sort plants - nearly 8 hours of reaching, bending, lifting, pushing, squatting, carrying and standing (with some downtime for lunch and "shopping").

I'm tired but not fatigued ... a physical state that tells me I had a really good day doing something I truly enjoy - working outside with plants and interesting people.

I'm shopping for plants on Friday and working at the sale on Saturday. I've already set aside several plants (one of the advantages of volunteering). I must be very disciplined about my purchases and not overbuy. At the top of my list: a trio of New Mexico privets and an unusual blue gingham viburnum for the backyard.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: