Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tuesday, 22 May 2007 - Spring storms

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for moisture-rich spring storms.

In the spring I have counted one hundred and thirty-six different kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours. ~Mark Twain

Spring storms invaded our region today.

Sunny skies at 5:45 AM (yes, I did get up that early).
Dark clouds approaching by 9 AM. By noon, thunder and lightening heralded waves of rain and pea-sized hail.

The rain stopped long enough for T's early evening walk. By 8 PM, the storms abated, pushed eastward by dry, blustery winds.

As far as I can tell, my plants survived the onslaught (even the newly-planted ones). I'm secretly pleased that the clay dirt is moist again. In a day or two I'll dig holes for the four large shrubs I bought at the plant sale: three New Mexico privets (5 gallon pots) and one viburnum (3 gallon pot). I'm sure that S will help me.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: