Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday, 12 May 2007 - The Giro D'Italia

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the Giro d'Italia.

Another rite of spring. The Giro d'Italia, the first of the three major European tours, began today.

Although the past year's doping scandals have tarnished cycling's reputation, I remain a loyal but somewhat downhearted fan.

Of course, we want an Italian cyclist to win. This year, S and I have several favorites including previous winners Gilberto Simoni ("Gibo"), Paolo Savoldelli (Il Falco) and Damiano Cunego.

Fortunately, we Americans can watch the event live on the Internet through a subscription service. I guess I am also thankful for Cycling TV.

(And, no, we didn't cycle today. Just couldn't resist the perfect climbing conditions.)

For these blessings, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: