Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday, 31 May 2007 - Rainy days

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for rainy days.

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.
~Author Unknown

When you visit me at my home, I will insist that you spend lots of time in my gardens. That's because the outside is the better part of our homestead.

Inside, you would merely see our stuff (not very exciting) and witness the fact that I am not the world's best housekeeper (rather embarrassing).

Outdoors, you will visit my expansive artist's studio and view firsthand the fruits of my creativity and passion.

I didn't start out with the goal of being a gardener. I do, however, remember the exact moment the transformation occurred.

I also stand by this small truth:
I did not choose gardening; gardening chose me.


For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: