Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wednesday, 09 May 2007 - Perfectly-cooked brown rice

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for perfectly-cooked brown rice.

I know it's a trivial thing when it comes to what's happening in the world. But, on a daily basis, preparing a perfect batch of brown rice matters a little bit since my diet revolves around it.

Anyway, here's my recipe for cooked brown rice (the rice grains will be slightly dry, not sticky):

2 cups organic long grain brown rice
3.75 cups filtered water

Combine water and rice in pot with tight-fitting lid (do not use a rice cooker). Bring to a boil (with lid on the pot). Reduce heat to lowest setting. Cook until rice has absorbed all the water (around 30 minutes). Do not remove the lid during the cooking cycle.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: