Thursday, December 08, 2005

Thursday, 8 December 2005 - Warmth

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the sun's warmth.

After surviving single digit and below zero temperatures, we awaken to a warmer morning. By the time T and I head for the park for our walk, the temperature is in the teens. I'm amazed at how comfortable 15 degrees can feel.

The middle schoolers at the bus stop are dressed in long sleeved T-shirts and jeans. Their winter coats lie on the curb, piled haphazardly next to their backpacks. I smile and wave to the boys we know. They grin and wave back. They yell to T - "hey T-dog" and "hey Big T." T wags his tail, eating up the unexpected attention. He's the neighborhood's canine celebrity.

We reach the park. The sun shines brightly. I'm almost too warm in my winter garb.

Ahhhh. How wonderful the sun's heat feels on my face. A hint of summer in December.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: