Friday, December 30, 2005

Friday, 30 December 2005 - The evening star

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the evening star.

I usually forget to look for it in the western sky as evening shadows sweep over the valley. But late this afternoon, I was cooking and just happened to glance out the kitchen window towards the foothills we call the Front Range. And, there it was - the evening star, hovering brightly just above the mountain silhouette - the celestial diamond upon which I learned to make a wish so many years ago.

Without hesitation, I whispered the famous mantra:

Star light,
Star bright,
First star I see tonight.
Wish I may.
Wish I might.
Make the wish I wish tonight.


(I won't tell you my wish because, if I do, it won't come true!)

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: