Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Wednesday, 7 September 2005 - Letting go, letting God

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for "letting go and letting God."


Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway.
~Mary C. Crowley


While sorting through some papers, I found an old note from a friend in which she encouraged me to "let go and let God." Now, for someone like me with a controlling nature, letting go is a struggle.

Although I've "let go" publicly and privately, the gesture is still not automatic. I have to think about it before doing it. So, to faciliate my surrender, I've started a new list entitled, "Things for God." Whenever I encounter a "letting go" situation, I add the issue to the list. I've discovered that the mere act of writing down the concern eases my anxiety. I also sleep better at night knowing that my most powerful ally is working on my behalf, 24x7x365.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: