Thursday, September 08, 2005

Thursday, 8 September 2005 - A very good year for peaches

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a very good year for peaches.

This summer, my husband, S, and I ate about 50 pounds of organic Colorado peaches. I originally intended to preserve at least 25 pounds for winter, but decided it was better to eat the peaches in season. After all, winter brings fresh apples and citrus fruit to our table.

I've never eaten so many peaches in a single season. I preferred to eat them raw or mixed into smoothies. S sliced them over cereal. And lucky T, our chocolate Lab - I gave him a few choice slices whenever he caught me at the kitchen sink eating a juicy specimen or slicing several for baking. And, of course, we ate peach crisps and cobblers. I must have baked about a dozen this summer. Very yummy from the first bite to the last.


For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen
.

No comments: