Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sunday, 25 September 2005 - A congregation of butterflies

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a congregation of butterflies.


The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.
~Rabindranath Tagore

This morning, as I inspect my front yard garden, I'm greeted by dozens of Monarch butterflies. 'Tis the season for their mass migration to Mexico and South America for the winter. I'm glad that they stopped in my garden for nourishment and rest.


See how they feast on tasty nectars (I'm glad the flowers are still in bloom). See how they congregate on the lilac-hued catmint and deep purple salvia (they must like the color, purple). See how they rest quietly on the soft and soothing patches of thyme. See how they insist on dancing recklessy around the feverfew. And, see how they ignore me as I water the plants.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen
.

No comments: