Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Wednesday, 14 September 2005 - Refreshing chill in the air

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the refreshing chill in the air (must be autumn).


When the bold branches
Bid farewell to rainbow leaves -
Welcome wool sweaters.
~B. Cybrill

Fall has arrived a week or so early. I like the cooler weather and dressing in jeans and my beloved wool sweaters. I have more energy throughout the day and need less sleep. Even T is perking up. He's picked up the pace during our morning and evening hikes.

Brrrr. The nighttime temperatures have dipped into the mid-30s - perfect for sleeping. We keep the window open and sleep beneath warm blankets and quilts. I do hope, however, that the season's first hard frost delays its arrival. The flowers in all of my gardens are still quite lovely. And, I just planted a dwarf Barberry bush in the front yard (was a gift from our neighbor, Kathleen).

This weekend, if it doesn't rain, we plan to drive to the high country to view the aspens (they should be a glorious gold by now) and take T for a hike along a favorite trail.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: