Saturday, September 10, 2005

Saturday, 10 September 2005 - The completion of an unpopular task

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the completion of an unpopular task.


I love to sew but I hate to alter store-bought clothes. During the past year, I've shopped the very best sales and bought eight pairs of pants and jeans that fit me perfectly except in length (I'm 5'2"). So yesterday and today, I bit the bullet and spent about 6 hours fitting, measuring, pinning and sewing. Yes, a reputable alterations shop could have done the job, but I am so picky about fit and quality that it was worth doing the work myself.

With 8 new pairs of perfectly-fitting pants joining my favorite jeans in the closet, my wardrobe is just about ready for fall. I am still looking for the perfect autumn sweater. I think I'll have better luck finding one in my knitting books. Custom made sweaters are better for me anyway since I am so picky!

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: