Saturday, September 17, 2005

Saturday, 17 September 2005 - Neighborhood children

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the many children in our neighborhood who are part of our diverse extended family.

Not having our own human children (we do have T, our Chocolate Lab son) doesn't mean we don't like kids. We do. Furthermore, we think it's important to be accessible and generous.

So, it's no wonder that on any given evening when we're out front with T, the neighborhood kids congregate near our house. Tonight, Dominique stops by to ask my husband to fix his bicycle. Several elementary school-aged kids ask us to support their school's fundraising project (I always buy something). Everett updates S on today's football game (his team lost) while Hayden demonstrates a newly-mastered mountain bike maneuver. The girls run across the street to hug T and help me tidy the garden.

Yes, it takes a village.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: