Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Wednesday, 25 May 2005 - A good patient

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a good patient.

T is suffering from an overuse injury. The injury occurred on Monday when S and I left him alone for a few hours while we shopped for a new refrigerator.

During our absence, T allegedly jumped and raced along the fence while the neighbor boys played catch. He knows only one speed - all out!

Yesterday, we went on our usual morning hike. T walked slowly but managed to finish the loop without complaint. Later in the day, however, he starting limping and refused to lie down (since rising was especially painful).

So, we put our active companion on the DL (disabled list) for a few days. We expect his full recovery by the weekend.

The patient is in excellent spirits, eating up his parent's abundant attention and affection. He hasn't complained once about his injury or home care. I think that S and I are suffering more than he - we hate to see our buddy suffer.

Right now, T is resting quietly in my studio atop a cranberry hued blanket. I will give him another hip massage and healing energy treatment in a few minutes.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: