Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Tuesday, 3 May 2005 - Sunshine

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for sunshine.

After nearly 10 days of wet, gloomy weather, the sun reappears to resounding applause. T and I run outside, eager for the brilliant light to revive our cold and damp spirits. Absence does make the heart grow fonder. I chide myself for having taken for granted Mother Nature's generous gift - over 360 days of sunshine each year.

After discovering large dandelion colonies in the lawn and garden, I grab the weed bucket and my trusty digging tool - the one that looks like a screwdriver but has a forked end. The warm temperature surprises me. I happily break a sweat as I pull one weed after another.

T performs his usual canine routine. First, he completes a leisurely patrol of the yard's perimeter. Then, he lies down on a soft grassy bed near the penstemons - time to nap and catch a few rays.

For this blessing, I am very grateful.

Amen.

No comments: