Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wednesday, 09 July 2008 - A sharp knife

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a sharp knife.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

S and I laugh at T's antics, remarking that he is not always the "sharpest knife in the drawer." I'm not either. Especially after this morning's incident.

When I prep ingredients, I know the value of using sharp knives. So, I don't know why I continued to slice rhubarb stalks with a dull serrated knife.

The accident was inevitable, I suppose. The dull blade slipped against tough rhubarb skin. My left index finger was in the way. The blade was sharp enough to slice human tissue. Ouch!

My hard-learned lesson: Always sharpen the knife before chopping, mincing or slicing anything. Only takes a minute.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: